Thursday, July 19, 2007

12. Roll your own search tool

So this "thing" was a bit odd to try to figure out, at first I thought that I was creating something to search a particular subject matter. So when I created a Rollyo titled "Lee A Iaccoca" I couldn't understand why I could search for "dogs" and nothing about the Ford Motor Comp. was coming up.

I figured it out after I spent five minutes in puzzlement and created, "My Library Search Thingy" :-P ( http://rollyo.com/tiger987lily/my_library_search_thingy/ )

I'm not sure if I see any potential in this, it just made me frustrated, so we didn't get off to the best start. I love Google and I know many people say that it doesn't give you as reliably sources as some other sites, but I counter that with the fact that you just have to know what your looking for. I love its clean, no no-sense set up and Rollyo looks cluttered and does not give as much info on that search page as Google.

But that's just my humble opinion. I'll give it another chance, but I am loyal to Google. :-)

No comments: